With summer in full swing in the world and Europe, luxury travelers are looking for the quickest and easiest ways to reach the coast. Private Fly, the private jet booking platform, says that 35 percent of its European clients in July and August are flying to airports that are less than an hour from a beach.
“Throughout the year, we organize a broad mix of leisure and business flights, but during the summer months leisure dominates, with many clients jetting off to seaside destinations to relax with family or friends’’ Carol Cork, Marketing Director at Private Fly, said.
“With only a few hours (two or three-hour) flights from London, Mediterranean beaches are easily accessible to reach and traveling by private jet avoids the usual holiday time queues and delays at the airport. For those with busy work schedules or families, every minute counts and chartering a private aircraft allows you to design your schedule and arrive at the airport just minutes before take-off. At some airports around the world, a car can pick you up at the foot of the aircraft steps and drop you at the nearest beach!
“Other customers are heading to beaches further afield, hopping between islands in the Caribbean, Bahamas or Seychelles.”
Here, Private Fly reveals almost the 10 top beach destinations with its clients this summer, all within an hour’s distance of an airport:
- Positano, Italy (Nearest airport: Naples)
- Mykonos, Greece (Nearest airport: Mykonos)
- Olbia, Italy (Nearest airport: Olbia)
- Menton, France (Nearest airport: Nice Cote d’Azur)
- Algarve, Portugal (nearest airport: Faro)
- Bonifacio, France (Nearest airport: Figari)
- Golden Horn, Croatia (Nearest airport: Brac)
- Bassin d’Arcachon, France (Nearest airport: Bordeaux Merignac)
9. St Barts, French Caribbean (Nearest airport: St. Barthelemy)