Sesame Place, the only theme park in the U.S. based upon the award-winning show, Sesame Street, announced today that (with capacity limitations) there will be reopening on July 24, 2020.
If the theme park is going to be reopened it will include health and safety procedures for cleaning and sanitizing, respecting physical distancing, face-covering requirements, and temperature screening. An online reservation system will also help manage capacity so that guests can enjoy a safe and fun experience while maintaining physical distancing. The plan was approved by the State of Pennsylvania.
Cathy Valeriano, president of Sesame Place said with enthusiasm that “We’re excited to reopen our park and celebrate our 40th birthday this year, we know our guests are eager to return and we are just as excited and as always we’d like to bring them inspiring moments and memorable experiences, but also taking the necessary steps to make families feel safe when they visit our park during this milestone year and beyond.”
Specific enhancements to key operational areas include
- Guest Arrivals & Ticketing – Spacing will be increased for our touchless turnstiles enabling appropriate physical distancing.
- Restaurants- Restaurants at the park will include arranged seating layouts to respect physical distancing. Tables and chairs with increased frequency will be sanitized, condiment and topping stations will be closed, utensils will be pre-packaged, and guests with refillable products will be provided single-use alternatives. Buffet-style service areas will be closed until further notice.
- Retail Shops – In our retail shops, we will have markings for physical distancing on the floor and signage directing guests to defined entrances and exits. To minimize contact of items at checkout, bagging and wrapping materials will be given to customers.
- Public Spaces – Across the park, enhanced cleaning procedures will be implemented. This includes an increased number of hand sanitizer stations, areas with single-direction guest flow, lounge chair seating will also be modified to maintain physical distancing.
- Rides & Attractions – Queue lines for all rides will have markings for physical distancing and modified seating will be executed to maintain physical distancing. We will have hand sanitizer available at the entrance and exit of all rides yet some of our entertainment facilities may be temporarily closed. For a list of temporary changes and attraction closures, please visit the attractions page on the website.
To help manage the capacity to maintain physical distancing within the park, advance online reservations will be required. It seems like Disney magical world, Sesame Street is trying to get back in business and this is not just good news for the economy but also the kids.