Singapore and Hong Kong will review their air travel bubble arrangement in early July, before deciding on target launch dates, said the Ministry of Transport (MOT) on Thursday (June 10).
The launch of the Singapore-Hong Kong air travel bubble, originally planned for May 26, was deferred by mutual agreement due to the worsening Covid-19 situation in Singapore.
Since then, the numbers of community cases and local unlinked Covid-19 cases in Singapore have been showing a downward trend.
Hong Kong’s Covid-19 situation also continues to remain stable, with very few community cases over the past few weeks.
Singapore Transport Minister S. Iswaran and Hong Kong Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development Edward Yau “have maintained close contact and agreed that both sides would review the situation in early July, before deciding on the target launch dates of the air travel bubble flights”, said MOT in a statement.